Easter is in a week and everyone is getting their menus ready. The typical Easter dishes usually includes, of course a Baked Ham with Brown Sugar , Classic Deviled Eggs, Macaroni and Cheese and perhaps Scallop Potatoes. Just listing all of that makes me hungry. I love these dishes and I will definitely be making my Four Cheese Macaroni and Cheese, but I do enjoy a few lighter side dishes. One of my favorites and it’s super easy, is my Roasted Parmesan Brussels Sprouts. They are crispy on the outside from the parmesan and nice and soft on the inside. I get it, not everyone is a brussels sprout fan, but throw some cheese on something and honey they will eat it. All kidding aside these are pretty good and they are super easy.
If you are the one that is preparing Easter dinner, my advice, do not make every dish super complicated. I leave that to about two or three dishes and the rest is delicious and easy side dishes. Entertaining is all about spending time with the ones you love and sharing lots of laughs and memories, over family favorites.
For this recipe, I add a balsamic glaze sometimes with beautiful green basil leaves to give it some freshness. It’s Spring after all and herbs are an excellent way to add more flavor and brightness.
Oh yeah! Do not forget to Set the Table with Love. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lbs brussel sprouts (trimmed & halved)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- balsamic glaze (optional)
- basil leaves for garnish
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Add parchment paper to a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, combine the trimmed and halved brussels sprouts with the remaining ingredients. Toss together to coat all the brussels sprouts.
- Lay the brussels sprouts onto the cookie sheet, separate them, so they do not touch. This will help them bake and steam.
- Add a little more parmesan cheese on top of each one, to help created a crust.
- Cook 16-18 minutes. Serve Immediately or add balsamic glaze and basil as a garnish.