Thanksgiving is almost around the corner and I have two simple, easy and delicious side dishes that you can try out with your family this Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday.
What I love about these dishes, is the fact that they are under 30 minutes to make, start to finish and they are super delicious and healthy for you. I know that during the holidays it is very easy for us to totally forget about that healthy lifestyle that we have been working toward for most of the year. Trust me I get it, this time of the year is definitely a time for us to indulge in some of our favorite savory and sweet holiday dishes.
However, we have to focus our attention on maintaining a healthy lifestyle even during the holiday season. This is not to say, we can’t enjoy a piece of our favorite cakes, pies and mac and cheese, it’s about moderation and enjoying what the holidays are really about, spending time with the ones we love.
I hope everyone has a beautiful and safe Thanksgiving. I know that I am so grateful to be able to share my passion, food, peace, and heart on this page with you guys. Remember no matter what you serve, always Set the Table with Love. 💕
Pan Seared Baby Artichoke Hearts with Pistou
- 1 pack of Private Selection Handpicked Artichoke Hearts (frozen)
- Juice from one 1 lemon
- Olive oil, for cooking, enough to cover your pan
- Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- Coarse sea salt
1. Follow the instructions on the bag to steam the artichokes.
2. Add the oil to the pan on medium heat, once the artichokes are steamed, carefully remove the artichokes from the bag and pat them dry. Add them to the hot pan, with the chopped garlic, red pepper flakes and season with salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes, to taste. I just used a bit of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, because I added coarse salt at the end.
3. Once the artichokes are caramelized, remove from heat, into a serving dish, squeeze some lemon juice over them, add Pistou and sprinkle some coarse salt to finish the dish.
You can find an awesome carrot soup recipe and the Pistou recipe that will be drizzled over your artichokes.
Pan Seared Shiitake Mushrooms with Parsley and Parmesan
I love the smelling mushrooms and garlic in my kitchen. It gives the house this woodsy, earthy and warm aroma, that makes me so happy. This will be a winner on your table this Thanksgiving. I use vegetarian parmesan in this dish, but you can use no cheese or a vegan parmesan, either way always remember to Set the Table with Love.
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 cups shiitake mushrooms or mushrooms of your choice
2 cloves small garlic, slivers
Chopped flat-leaf parsley
Shaved parmesan ( optional )
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook over moderately high heat, without stirring, until browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned and tender, about 6 minutes longer.
Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat, season with salt and pepper, toss in chopped parsley, add to a bowl, garnished with shaved parmesan. Serve and Enjoy.