I am cooking this on the 104.7 The Fish today at 2 pm. est time See you there.
Barbecue Mini Skillet Meatloaf
1/3 cup gluten free herbed breadcrumbs
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 large egg
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 small onion, finely minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 1/2 pounds meat ( you can use ground beef, bison, or turkey)
sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 18 oz. bottle of barbecue sauce, I love Sweet Baby Rays, original
• Mix the breadcrumbs, milk, parsley, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, chili powder, garlic powder, and garlic in a large bowl. Add the meat, season with salt and pepper, and mix with your hands until combined. Shape into small meatloaf loaves, about 3 to 4 inches.
• Wrap bacon around each one.
• Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Crisp the bacon, using tongs to turn the bacon over, to crisp up all sides. Allow meat loaf to cook on both sides for 2 – 3 minutes.
• Once browned on both sides, pour barbecue sauce over the loaves. Lower heat and let simmer for 15 minutes, until done on the inside.
• Transfer the loaves over top parmesan garlic mashed potatoes or plate and enjoy with a side salad.
Parmesan and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
• 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed, cut into 1-inch-wide wedges
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, diced
• 1 cup whole milk, or more if you like, for preferred consistency
• 1 3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided, set aside 1/4 for garnish
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• Fresh parsley leaves, as garnished (optional)
• Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to same pot. Add butter and mash well. Mix in 1 cup milk, then 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper. Here’s where you can add more milk, for desired consistency, if needed. But add a tablespoon at a time.
• Pour potatoes in bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.