I am cooking this on the 104.7 The Fish today at 2 pm. est time See you there.
Barbecue Mini Skillet Meatloaf
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 large egg
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 small onion, finely mince
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 1/2 pounds meat ( you can useground beef, bison or turkey)
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 18 oz. bottle of barbecue sauce, I love Sweet Baby Rays, original
• Mix the breadcrumbs, milk, parsley, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, chili powder, garlic powder and garlic in a large bowl. Add the meat, season with salt and pepper and mix with your hands until combined. Shape into small meatloaf loaves, about 3 to 4 inches.
• Wrap bacon around each one.
• Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Crisp the bacon, using tongs to turn the bacon over, to crisp up all sides. Allow meat loaf to cook on both sides for 2 – 3 minutes.
• Once browned on both sides, pour barbecue sauce over the loaves. Lower heat and let simmer for 15 minutes, until done on the inside.
• Transfer the loaves over top parmesan garlic mashed potatoes or plate and enjoy with a side salad.
Parmesan and Garlic Mashed Potatoes
• 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed, cut into 1-inch-wide wedges
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, diced
• 1 cup whole milk, or more if you like, for preferred consistency
• 1 3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided, set aside 1/4 for garnish
• Fresh parsley leaves, as garnished (optional)
• Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes and return to same pot. Add butter and mash well. Mix in 1 cup milk, then 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Season to taste with salt and cracked black pepper. Here’s where you can add more milk, for desired consistency, if needed. But add a tablespoon at a time.
• Pour potatoes in bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.