Brunch, just for Mom. How about crepes, they are so elegant, delicious and always makes you feel extra special. Yes, it’s a super thin pancake, but the French made it into something, decadent and ultra chic. I think the Moms out there would appreciate this served to them on Mother’s Day, don’t you think? Well, as least I would, hint hint, if my family is ready this post. 😉
Here’s my plant based take on it. It’s super easy and full of flavor and cuts out some of the calories, so Mom can have as many as she would like.
- 1 cup almond milk, or non dairy milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup flour, or gluten free flour with xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp organic sugar or coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender.
- Heat a non-stick pan to medium-high heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Lift it off the heat and tilt/turn it to spread it as thin as possible.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edges are loose enough that you can slide a spatula underneath.
- Flip. Cook the second side for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the pan.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. It should make 5 crepes.
- Fill with your choice of fruit or enjoy on their own.
Sweet Red Wine Sauce
• ½ bottle pinot noir wine
• ½ cup organic sugar, or more to taste
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine wine, sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together in a saucepan; simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce reduces, about 30 minutes.