We are in the summer tomato season and the possibilities are endless. I came up with something that is super simple, delicious, healthy for you and the whole family will enjoy. The best part, you will have another recipe in your arsenal.
In this recipe you can roast the tomatoes or you can just use them raw. I roasted mine, because roasting brings out the sweetness of the tomatoes and gives the dish more depth. It also balances out the saltiness from the kalamata olives I used. I hope you will enjoy it, just as much as my family and as always remember to Set the Table with Love. 💕
NOTE: The chicken has to be marinated, the longer you marinate it, the more flavorful and tender it will be.
• 4 chicken breast
• 1 box of Veggie spiral pasta ( they make them delishly colorful) or use penne pasta
• 1 1/2 – 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon Pure Chilean extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 small jar kalamata olives
• 1 jar of marinated artichoke hearts
• 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled ( or more, based on preference)
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• Sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste
• 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 4 lemons
• 4-5 cloves garlic pressed or minced
• 2 tablespoons dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• Place the chicken pieces in a freezer bag or a bowl and set aside.
• Add the Greek yogurt and olive oil to a medium size bowl. Zest one of the lemons and add to the bowl. Juice that lemon into the bowl with the zest. Slice the other three lemons and set aside. Add the minced garlic, oregano, kosher salt and black pepper to the lemon juice and zest and stir. Pour half of the marinade into the freezer bag or the bowl with the chicken pieces and reserve the other half of the marinade for basting. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes or up to 3 hours in the refrigerator, longer it marinates the more flavor you will have in the chicken.
• After marinating, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Place the chicken breast in the pan. Cook, turning once, until firm to the touch, about 5 minutes for each side. Transfer the chicken breasts to a plate. Cube the chicken or slice it based on your preference. Set aside for when it’s time to assemble the dish.
Roasted heirloom tomatoes:
Heat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the tomatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with the kosher salt.
Roast in the oven for 20- 25 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to take on some color and the juices begin to concentrate.
Once done remove from oven and set aside.
Assemble the dish:
In a large bowl. Add the feta, olives, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, chicken and pasta. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, dried oregano, sea salt and cracked pepper. Toss everything together until well incorporated. Enjoy.