One of my favorite things about summer, is the fact that it yields some of my favorite fruits like berries and peaches. These fruits get my creative juices flowing and all I can think about is peach and blueberry cobblers, clafoutis and crumbles. Of course I add them to smoothies for breakfast or as an afternoon snack, but today they are going to go into this refreshing summer kale salad. I added sunflower seeds and hemp seeds into this recipe for some good plant bases fat and protein. You can also add chicken or salmon, as well, if you desire.
If you need some tips on how to build a healthy salad check out my blog post How to build a better salad. The point here is use what you have in a way that will serve your body and satisfy your appetite. However, before you pull out any ingredient always start with the energy to Set the Table with Love.
• 6 cups packed kale washed, dried, de-stemmed and torn into bite-sized pieces
• 1 ¼ cup blueberries
• 2 large peaches
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 Tablespoon Pure Chilean extra virgin olive oil
• 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds unsalted
• 1 Tablespoon hemp seeds
• 2 Tabelspoons dried cranberries
• Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
• Make sure kale is washed, dried, torn off the stem, and torn into bite-sized pieces. Once prepped, place in mixing bowl, one you csn serve the salad in.
• Blend together one cup of the blueberries and lemon juice. Pour over the kale, add the extra virgin olive oil and massage into the leaves. Season with sea salt and cracked pepper, taste amd adjust seasoning if needed, then gently toss.
• Top massaged kale with the sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, dried cranberries berries, and the remaining ¼ cup of blueberries.