I love mushrooms. I love all kinds of wild mushrooms. These little funguses are delicious and very beneficial for your health and for your skin. Since I am in the skincare business, let me share a few healing benefits of mushrooms. First off, they have anti-inflammatory properties. They have been known to help improve acne, rosacea and eczema. Mushrooms are also rich in vitamin D, selenium and antioxidants that protect your skin against wrinkles and discoloration caused by environmental damage.
So there you go. Eat your skincare first and then try B’Tyli Natural Skin Therapies. 🙂
Here is my anti aging RAW Creamy Mushroom and Garlic Soup. This soup is simple and has a nice little kick.
- 2 cups cashew milk
recipe for cashew milk:
1/2 cup raw cashews
4 cups water ( enough to cover the nuts, you may need more)
1 tbsp raw maple syrup or honey
pinch of sea salt
Cover raw cashews with water and allow to soak for at least a couple of hours, the longer it soaks the better. Drain and rinse. Set milk aside in an hour tight container.
- 1/2 cup of onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup mushrooms, I used baby bellas, but porcini mushrooms would give this an amazing burst of earthy flavor
- extra mushrooms to chop for garnish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch sea salt, to taste
Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. I used my Ninja. Process until blended and creamy. Chop the extra mushrooms and place as a garnished, if desired. I drizzled a little olive oil over mine as well.
* If it is too creamy you can always add a little water to loosen up the soup. If you like it thicker add more mushrooms and few more cashews. Blend well.
* You can warm this soup up by allowing it to blend in your Ninja or Vitamix for a few minutes.