The taco supreme crunch wrap is the trend in food right now and I see why, because it’s absolutely delicious.
I actually made one of these last week, that was vegan! I actually used vegan chorizo sausage, black beans and an avocado crema, instead of using nacho cheese. My family tasted a bite of my vegan version and asked me to make the original version of this popular comfort food. They are not on the plantbased train quite yet! I totally get it! I found a good recipe online, that I tweaked a bit on https://damndelicious.net/2017/01/11/homemade-crunch-wrap-supreme/ . They family loved it.
If you are vegetarian or vegan, like I said before, I used vegan chorizo and instead of using nacho cheese, I made an avocado crema.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- Juice from 1 lime (2 tbsp)
- water to thin, as needed
Add all ingredients ( except the water) into a food processor, blend and add a bit of water if needed, to thin it out. Use this in the recipe instead of the nacho cheese.
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1 pound ground meat( beef, turkey, chorizo), I love to use vegan chorizo, take two links and ground them up in a food processor
• 1 package organic taco seasoning
• 1/2 cup nacho cheese
• 4(12-inch) flour tortillas
• 4 tostada shells
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 small red onion, diced
• 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
• 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
• 2 cups shredded lettuce
• 1 Roma tomato, diced
• 1 can black beans, drained
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/4 teaspoon cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or more to taste
• 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
• Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground meat ( or ground vegan sausage, cook according to packaging directions, no need to add taco seasoning, the sausage ia full of flavor) for the beef; cook until it has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; stir in taco seasoning. Drain excess fat; set aside.
• Drain black beans and add to saucepan, on medium heat, season with sea salt, with chili powder, cumin and smoked paprika.
• Heat tortillas according to package instructions.
• Heat nacho cheese according to package instructions.
• Working one at a time, place ground beef mixture in the center of each tortilla. Top with the black beans. Then top with nacho cheese and tostada shell. Spread sour cream ( avocado crema) in an even layer over the tostada shell; top with lettuce, red onions, red bell peppers, cilantro, tomatoes and cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
• Fold the edges up and over the center. Continue to work your way around the tortilla, folding as tight as possible.
• Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Place wrap seam-side down and cook until the underside is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook wrap on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer.
• Serve immediately.
3 thoughts on “Taco Supreme Crunchwrap”
It looks very delicious!
Thank you so much!