Sometimes you just crave something delicious and comforting, but you wanna keep it on the healthy side, so this came into my mind! Spicy vegan taquitos and I thought, so how do I wanna do these, because I didn’t have my vegan sausages, so what’s a girl to do.
I decided to use beans and potatoes, and it came out really amazing !!!
I hope you guys will enjoy this recipe, just as much as I did! You can always add vegan chorizo and pinto beans, if you like. I plated this dish using radicchio lettuce, heirloom tomatoes and lots of green herbs. Grilled corn kernels would be a beautiful and delicious addition, as well. No matter what you decided to do, always remember to Set the Table with Love. 💕
Spicy Vegan Taquitos
• 2 tbsp oil
• 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced (~1 cup)
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 small jalapeño, diced
• 2 tbsp adobo
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp smoke paprika
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt, more or less to taste
• 1 can organic black beans
• 1 small yukon potato, diced
• 1 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheedar cheese
• 6-8 corn tortillas
• oil to fry
1. Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a pot over medium heat, and add the potatoes, and a pinch pf salt. Cook until slightly tender, 5 -7 minutes, then add onions and garlic. Fry them for 3-5 minutes until the onion is soft.
2. Add the beans, jalapeños and adobo, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, smoke paprika and kosher salt. Stir to coat, and let cook for another 5 minutes or more, until beans are heated throughout.
3. Warm tortillas and put a couple of tablespoons of filling (more or less depending on size of tortillas) in the middle of the tortillas, add shredded cheese on top. Wrap the tortillas around the filling to make a roll and repeat with remaining tortillas.
4. Heat a thin layer of oil in a skillet over medium heat and fry the taquitos in batches, starting with seam side down. Fry for about 5-7 minutes, turning as they cook so that they crisp and turn golden all over. Drain them on paper towel lined plate and plate. I added radicchio lettuce as my base, limes, green chilies, and medley of heirloom tomatoes.