I am a huge lover of oatmeal, that was not always the case. I had it everyday for breakfast and hated seeing it on the table each morning, but with a few tweaks, I have love it! Oatmeal is one of those ingredients that can be savory and sweet. It has definitely had it’s comeback. Now for this recipe, if you are a pumpkin lover, it will work perfectly! I also love pouring warm almond/cashew milk after I have put it in the bowls, added the granola and lastly I sprinkle with some cinnamon.
• 1 cup rolled oats, gluten free
• 1 3/4 cups cashew/almond milk
• 1/2 cup sweet potato puree( for the puree, season with a pinch of salt and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon )
• 3 Tbsp maple syrup
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp ground clove
• pinch of salt
• 1 cup Stovetop Granola, optional
• Peel, cut and boil the sweet potatoes until tender. Drain and pat dry. Place in a bowl and mash, add salt and cinnamon.
• Bring milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Once boiling add your oats and reduce heat to medium. Once you have cooked the oats for about 5 minutes, stir in the sweet potatoes. Taste and see if you need any more of the spices.
•Add to bowls and top with Stovetop Granola. Here you will find the granola recipe. https://setthetablewithlove.com/2018/08/16/easiest-stovetop-maple-granola-on-top-of-sweet-potato-pie-oatmeal/.