Smashed Brussels sprouts with a spicy chili garlic oil, doesn’t that sound amazing! Hashtag the new #foodtrend#smashedbrusselsprouts.
Who doesn’t love a good food trend? I love this one, because it gets my grandkids to eat more vegetables. Let me add that you can add whatever sauce or topping you would like, my family love spicy food, me so much, but I adjusted the heat on these. Hey, mama has to eat too. You could add parmesan cheese, garlic butter sauce or just a bit cracked black pepper and sea salt. Make it your own and have fun with the TikTok food trend. I wonder what will be the next vegetable we see smashed? Onions, perhaps, whatever it is, remember to always Set the Table with Love.
Smashed Brussels Sprouts
* Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl.
* Blanch Brussels sprouts: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add Brussels sprouts and cook until bright green and very tender, 8 to 10 minutes. * * Add Brussels sprouts to ice bath to cool then drain. Place on a cookie sheet and gently smash them with the back of spoon .
* In a medium saucepan, add olive oil on medium heat. Carefully place smashed Brussels sprouts in the pan, brown on both sides, about 2 minutes each side. Remove from heat and drizzle with Hot Spicy Chili and Garlic oil
Hot Spicy Chili Garlic Sauce
* 15 dried whole chili peppers
* 2 to 3 cloves garlic – peeled
* 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
* 1 teaspoon hosin sauce
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* Add stemless peppers, garlic cloves, and 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar to the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped, adding additional vinegar as needed to reach desired consistency.
* Add salt, sugar, smoked paprika, hosin sauce and pulse a few times until well-combined.
* Pour in a sauce pan with tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Stir and heat through for about 1 -2 minutes, until oil is hot.
* Remove from heat. Spoon over brussels sprouts.
* You can transfer any leftover sauce to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 6 months.
One thought on “Smashed BRUSSELS Sprouts with a HOt Spicy Chili Sauce”
THANK YOU Ive been waiting on this one!