Click the link the watch the full segment !!!!!
Healthy twists on New Year’s Eve party appetizers
If you want to start your new year’s resolutions early, there’s some delicious and healthy options to can bring to any New Year’s Eve party. Food and lifestyle expert Lisa Washington joins the Good Day team to share some ideas and tips on how to make your celebration memorable.
Sweet Chili Turkey Meatballs
• 1 pound lean ground turkey
• 1 jar of Simple Truth Sweet Chili Sauce, divided
• 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
• 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger
• 1/2 teaspoons salt
1. Add two tablespoons of Pure Chilean Olive to a saucepan one medium.
2. Sauté the onions, until tender.
3. Next mix ground turkey, add the onions, 1/4 cup of the Sweet Chili Sauce, panko, cilantro, egg, ginger and salt in medium bowl until well blended. Use a melon scoop to shape the mixture into balls. Add to the pan and brown the meatballs on both sides.
4. Add 1 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce and lower the heat to medium low.
5. Cook for 10 -12 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
6. Remove meatballs to large bowl or serving dish. Add remaining Sweet Chili Sauce and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Grit Cake ( Recipe adapted from https://www.mamagourmand.com/grit-cakes/ )
2 cups stone ground grits (see recipe notes for alternatives)
3 cups milk, at least 2%
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasonings
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
• Spray a 10 x 15 casserole pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
• In a medium saucepan stir together grits, milk, broth, and Old Bay seasoning. Bring to a boil, over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Cover, reduce heat to a gentle simmer, and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. The grits will be very thick.
• Remove from heat and stir in 4 tablespoons butter. Evenly spread cheese grits in prepared sheet pan. TIP: Use an offset spatula to spread or press down with a piece of greased waxed paper.
• Let the grits sheet pan sit out until they have cooled to room temperature. Cover with foil and refrigerate until very firm, 2 hours to overnight.
• Preheat broiler and adjust oven rack to 6 inches from heat. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and grease foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
• Cut chilled grits into squares. Alternatively use biscuit cutters, in preferred size, to cut out circle shape. Use a spatula to transfer cut grit cakes to prepared baking sheet.
• Melt 1 tablespoon butter and brush on grit cake tops. Broil for 5-7 minutes, rotating pan halfway though, or until warm, golden, and crispy. Serve immediately.