Speaking of hydration. COVID19 has us quarantined, so we can’t get to our favorite spas to get facials. Keeping our skin looking radiant and hydrated can be a bit of concern, but now worries. I am going to share with your fives things you can do to stay hydrate from the inside out and a beauty mask you make for you face and enjoy has a smoothie.
1. Drink plenty of water, clear teas, and clear broths. Clear liquids helps us remove toxins from the body, but it keeps our skin cells hydrated.
2. Dry Hands!! You can rehab those hands by using coconut oil or olive oil before bed and then slip on white cloves, covering the hands will help the oils to absorb into the skin. I like to do this after my bath when my skin is still damp. Also using oils right after a bath on your body locks in moisture. Jojoba oil has the same sebum as a our own skin, so it’s an excellent oil for your body.
3. Elbows!!! You know what I am talking about. Crusty, Rough, Dry, Scaly elbows. A great solution for this, exfoliate those puppies. All you need is scoop of sugar, a 2 tbsp of olive oil and a little lemon juice, mix and you have a great scrub. After you finish exfoliation, rinse and apply coconut oil or shea butter.
4. Dry Hair. Best thing you can do for your hair is using an awesome rich conditioners, avoid blowing drying and brushing your hair while it is wet, because those locks are most delicate when waterlogged. If you hair is very parched, you can comb hair with a few drops of olive oil and a wide-tooth comb after showering.
5. Now for the inside out. Here’s some awesome foods to help you hydrate a and keep a healthy glow from the inside.
Avocados, salmon, sardines, pumpkin, carrots, broccoli, grapefruit, egg yolks, edamame, cocoa, rooibos tea, to name just a few.
When we consume our skincare we get the healing benefits for the skin, from the inside out. Here is a great smoothie for your skin and you can use it as a wonderful mask as well.
Hydrating Smoothie and Mask
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
Peel the avocado. Add to a blender with the remaining ingredients and enjoy.
After making it a smoothie, take one half cup of the smoothie and slater it on your clean face for about 15 to 20 minutes, before rinsing off, throughly.
The yogurt or kefir and avocado, will hydrate and moisturize the skin. The Avocados fat will help keep the skin smooth and radiant from the omega fatty acids and lactic acid from the milk in the yogurt and kefir will brighten up the skin, because it is a natural alpha hydroxy acid. Lactic acid is one of the best natural alpha hydroxy acid because it is able to penetrate the skin. The honey in the mask will help give your skin a natural glow. The antioxidants in the blueberries will make you skin also glow and when consumed, blueberries are known to help boost your mood.
Note: Alpha hydroxy acids will make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so use these as treatments, once a week and no longer than 15 minutes and make sure to use sunscreen.