What matters on the side of your bed can make a big difference to your morning. This blog today may make you thing twice about how to decorate your nightstand or not making it a place of clutter.
Our bedrooms are a place we go to rest and retreat from the day. Here tucked away in our beds our bodies are doing so much work. How we rest during the evening plays a huge role in how we awaken to the day before us. Well you can set that awaken moment up the night before and your nightstand can help you do this.
First, make sure you room is uncluttered, your bedding is clean and comfortable. The temperature in the room is comfortable for sleeping. Now you are ready to sleep, but before you do, check out your nightstand and make it work for a “Good Morning”.
Here’s some suggestions you can try:
1. Add pictures, flowers, a positive book or affirmation card to set your mind on a path you want to take for the day.
2. Placing a glass of water on your nightstand is an excellent way to hydrate the body from 8 hours of not drinking anything. The body is usually dehydrated, especially from a night of procressing what we have consumed during the day. Drinking water first thing in the am gives it the flush it needs to remove the toxins and waste.
3. Using a little orange or peppermint essential oil will give you the mental boost you need if you are feeling sluggish in the morning. I use to give my kids a sniff of this before school to get them up and going. It really works.
4. Put a book or something on your nightstand to remind you to pray and meditate. Be with God. You must fill your cup up before you feel it anyone else’s.
I also have an awesome box of cardboard matches from @chroniclebooks called Spark Adventure. These matches have 50 ways you can explore and discover something new every day. Today’s adventure: Practice Spontaneity: Drop Everything and change plans at the last minute. 🤔😆😉
5. Place a beautiful journal on your nightstand to remind you to write down those thoughts they may be bothering you, so you don’t take them into your day. This is a great time to journal and write out what you are grateful for.
The point here is making something we may look at everyday, maybe just for decor or functionality, into something that could bring about positive change in your life and perhaps those around you. Live Well. Live Beautifully and Good Morning. 💕