Who doesn’t love a truffle and especially one that’s delicious and pretty much guilt free? Whenever I’m giving myself a break from eating highly processed desserts, I love to make my Raw Vegan Truffles, they are packed with so much fiber, nutrients and they are the perfect pick me up during the day when you’re craving something sweet, decadent and you need an energy boost.
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1 cup soaked and drained dates or raisins, chopped
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/2 cup natural almond butter or nut butter of your choice
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg powder
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon powder
• 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
• 1/4 tsp ginger powder
Roll-ins: cacao powder, hempseed, shredded coconut, crushed pistachios, or even pecans.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE GANACHE (optional)
Raw Chocolate Ganache: You can use this for many other desserts.
1 cup maple syrup
1 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup coconut oil, the liquid oil and pinch of sea salt
Add everything to a bowl and stir until mixed well, dip truffles inside the ganache and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place ganache truffles inside the refrigerator for 30 minutes, so that the ganache can harden.
Using your blender, mix together syrup and coconut oil until well combined. Add in your cacao powder and a pinch of sea salt, and process until smooth – scraping down the sides as needed. Use immediately, or keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a couple weeks. If using the ganache after being refrigerated, simply place the container in warm water for a few minutes to let it soften up a bit, or roll out ganache truffles using a melon scoop.
• Place the oats in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely ground.
• Add dates or raisins, 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, nut butter, vanilla extract, spices and process until finely ground. You want a slightly sticking consistency. If too wet, add more ground oats. If too dry add a bit of water, just a little at a time and process.
1. Place remaining cocoa powder, or other roll-ins in a shallow bowl. NOTE: To get different flavors place each roll in its own bowl. Use what you enjoy! Get creative.
2. Take about 2-3 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into truffles, damp your hands a bit this will help form the ball. You may need to press the mixture firmly in order for them to stick together.
3. After rolling truffles in the roll-ins, chill in the fridge until ready to serve or enjoy immediately.
4. You can also dip these in my Raw Chocolate Ganache. Place them on parchment paper, then pop them in the fridge for an hour to allow the ganache to harden and enjoy immediately because the chocolate melts fast.