Well I rested for awhile until I was craving this amazing bagel from Einstein Brothers. They call it the Power Bagel. It is packed out with whole grains, seeds, nuts and dried fruit. I call it one of my favorites when I need some tasty protein. But since I am resting and doe not want to give Einstein 3.29 that is including the honey almond cream cheese, I will make my own. So, I got out of my pantry some seeds, nuts, dried fruit and went to town. What did I come up with this little recipe. My High Octane Banana Nut Bread. Okay this bread is packed out with EFAs, essential fatty acids, protein, high in fiber, antioxidants, potassium, magnesium, vitamin C just to name a few. I also made a pecan honey cream cheese to go over top it, now this is not healthy, but boy was it good. Hope you will enjoy this Goodness on a plate.
High Octane Banana Nut Bread
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature( you will need some for your pan to grease it)
- 1 1/2 cups organic all-purpose flour ( you will need a little of flour for your baking pan)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of flax seeds
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- Pecan Honey cream cheese spread, recipe follows
- If you like your bread to have more seeds and nuts you can add a little more, but this recipe will fill your bread up with enough of each ingredient.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and put a rack on the middle shelf. Butter and flour a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
In a separate small bowl, mash the bananas with a wooden spoon, you want to nice texture not real mushy.
In another large bowl, use a hand electric mixer or stand mixer to cream the 1/2 cup of butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in the mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla and beat until just combined. Add the dry ingredients and gently stir in pecans, almonds, seeds, cranberries. Pour the batter into the pan and put on a sheet tray.
Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling. Slice and spread pecan honey cream cheese on top (optional).
Pecan Honey Cream Cheese
- 4 oz. of cream cheese
- 3 tbs of honey to taste, you may use more or less
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and serve over top your bread.