I love this recipe and for Valentine’s Day, you can make someone very special .
One of the great things about cooking for people you love is to see the smiles on their faces, once they bite into something you took time out to just make for them, is priceless. But even more, is when you make cook or bake food, that takes them back to a special time in their lives.
My husband reminded me of this when I was baking these scones for one of my best friend’s mom. My mom has passed on, but making these for my Su Su ( that is what we call Mrs. Susan) reminded me when I would make food for my mother. She would smile and be so proud. Now granted I was only 10 or so, but she would enjoy the food as if some famous French chef had prepared her coq au vin! In reality it was just scrambled eggs with cheese.
I guess cooking for others also helps me to relive some of the precious moments in my own life.
Enjoy! this recipe adapted by Hershey’s with my own healthy twist and remember to Set the Table with LOVE!
Dark Chocolate Chip Heart shaped Scones
Yield: 24 scones
3¼ cups organic gluten free flour with xanthan gum
½ cup organic cane sugar
1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder ( no aluminum)
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups (12-oz) package dark chocolate chips
2 cups vanilla almond milk or regular milk
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
Additional Sugar for garnish
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
2. Stir together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Pour the milk into the flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
4. Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes). Divide dough into three equal balls. One ball at a time, flatten into 7-inch circle; cut with a heart shaped cookie cutter. Transfer hearts to a prepared baking sheets lined with parchment paper , spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle sugar if you like.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.