This is how I unwind from the hustle and bustle of the holidays ~ I love baking and cooking so made Super Green Christmas Waffles with my granddaughter. I colored the waffles with the greens I juiced this morning. She loved them and had no idea she was eating kale, chard, spinach and mizuna ( japanese mustard greens).
Super Green Christmas Waffles (eggless)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cups milk
- 1/2 cup of green juice ( juices kale, spinach, chard and mizuna ( japanese mustard greens). It does matter as longs as the juice is very green to color the waffles.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- Combine the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl mix together the milk and green juice, oil, water, vanilla and butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix together gently. As with all pancake batters, it should be slightly lumpy.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes to give it time to puff up.
- Once your waffle maker is heated properly, add the batter. I use a 1/4 cup for batter for my waffle maker.
- Once done, separate the waffles into triangles layer each one on top of the other tip to bottom. We added organic blueberries for ornaments. You can use raspberries or any fruit you would like. We cut out a star with a star cookie cutter and added powder sugar.
It was so much fun. I like to eat these waffles for breakfast with my green smoothie. You can also make these gluten-free using a gluten-free flour blend.