This week it’s all about the cauliflower.
Here’s the recipe, running out for an event, but wanted to share this with you guys. Always Set the Table with Love.
• 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
• 2/3 cup water
• 1/3 cup cornstarch, plus 1 teaspoon
• 1/3 cup flour
• 3 tablespoons coconut oil
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup onions, minced
•. 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
• 1 large orange, zest only
• 1/4 cup orange juice, from zested orange
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
• 2 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• vegetable oil for frying
1. In a bowl, whisk together the water, 1/3 cup of corn starch, the flour, and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Set aside.
2. In a sauce pan, over medium heat, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, minced garlic, ginger and onions, orange zest and juice, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, brown sugar, and vinegar. Bring to a slight boil.
3. Stir 1 tablespoon of cornstarch into 1 tablespoon of water until dissolved. Whisk into the sauce and reduce heat to a very lower simmer.
4. Next, heat the vegetable oil in a deep saucepan to 375 degrees.
5. Coat each cauliflower floret in the flour mixture.
6. Carefully place each floret into the hot oil. Fry each piece until golden brown – about 3 minutes. Remove from the oil and allow to drain on a paper towel lined baking sheet.
7. Toss the cauliflower in the sauce mixture, pour into a bowl and spoon the remaining thick, hot sauce over top. Garnish with some cilantro or sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onions, (optional).