After Easter feast, my body needed to cleanse. A raw vegan diet is the best way for me to get rid of all the pies and cakes I indulged in and not to mention, my mac and cheese that’s made with six cheeses.
But a girl still needs a little something sweet in her life. My Carrot Cake Bites does the trick every-time. Now on my blog I do have this recipe, but the bites are shaped into balls. To make them square bites, you will need to pour the mixture into a square pan and gently smooth out, you want the bites to be about 1 -1 1/2 inches thick. Put them in the fridge for one hour or over night to firm up, cut them out into squares, top each one with dried coconut and Enjoy. These go well with a cup of cinnamon tea. Remember to always Set the Table with Love. 💕💕💕💕
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 shredded unsweetened coconut, set aside 2 tbsp for garnish
- 3/4 cup dried raisins
- 1 cup grated carrots, peeled
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ cup water or more if needed
- Blend oats, sunflower seeds, 1/2 cup coconut in vitamix (food processor should work too) until you get a fine consistency like flour.
- Add in dried raisins, pulse a few times to break them up then add carrots, maple syrup, vanilla and spices.
- Slowly add in water. You looking for a consistency of nice slightly wet cookie dough,
4. Pour the mixture into a square pan and gently smooth out, you want the bites to be about 1 – 11/2 inches thick. Put them in the fridge for one hour or over night to firm up, cut them out into squares, top each one with dried shredded coconut