Galentine’s Day is coming up on February 13th! It’s another opportunity for is to express our love and appreciation for all our besties in our lives.
I have the best girlfriends ever and showering them with gratitude makes my heart so happy. Well this Galentine’s Day will look a bit different, due to the pandemic, but there are still ways we can let them know they are amazing and true rock stars in our lives.
Here’s 5 ways you can safely celebrate Galentine’s Day with your girlfriend. Also check out my segment on Good Day Atlanta this time last year to get some more inspiration, click the link below:
Today’s segment 2021 Galentine’s Day!
1. Host a day of shopping, dinner and dessert. One person pick hidden gem boutiques to go and have an afternoon of shopping. Another person picks a restaurant or cuisine everyone can try out, either take out, outdoor sitting or cook in. Next, someone host dessert and cocktails at their place.
2. Cookie exchange: Bake and leave your favorite cookies on your porch for your besties to pick up and drop off your favorite cookies to your galentines.
3. Facetime or Zoom Cooking Class. Pick a simple and delicious recipe, a bottle of wine and cook together.
4. My Favorite Things Box. Everyone pick out three of your favorite things, set a price point and fill a beautiful box with your favorite things and do a drop off, then a Facetime or Zoom call to open the boxes up together.
5. Go on a hike and have a lunch in a beautiful space out in the wood. Load up a backpack with your favorite cheeses, fruit, crackers and some good spreads and go hiking with your girls. Find a beautiful spot in nature and enjoy lunch and each others company.
This day is about finding ways to celebrate one another, but we don’t have to wait for a day made up by Amy Poehler’s fictional character, Leslie Knope in the TV series Parks and Recreation to celebrate each other, but I must agree with her character, It’s only the best day of the year!
Oh and here’s a fun recipe.
Make Galentine’s Day Heartshaped Pancake Sundaes. You can turn it into a Pancake Sundae Bar.
Pancake Art Recipe
• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 tablespoons sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs
• 1 1/4 cup whole milk
• 4 tablespoons melted butter
Greek Yogurt, Ice Cream, Sprinkles, Chocolate Chips, Berries, Nutella, Chocolate Syrup, let your imagination run wild.
1. In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together all your dry ingredients
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until the egg is broken up.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients by gently stir together until you stop seeing flour. Be careful not to overmix, that will make the batter tough.
5. Transfer the batter to a plastic squeeze bottle with the tip widened to allow batter to flow through
7. Place a large non-stick pan over a medium-high flame or use a griddle and let the surface get hot. It’s hot enough when you sprinkle a few droplets of water over the surface and they evaporate.
9. Moisten a paper towel with vegetable oil and lightly wipe the bottom of the pan or griddle. This will keep the pancakes from sticking.
10. Dispense batter into a heart shapes, and allow to cook until bubbles form on top. Flip and cook on the other side for 30 seconds to a minute, then transfer to a plate and repeat until all the batter is gone.
11. Remove from pan or griddle and allow pancakes to cool off a bit. Place two pancakes in a bowl. Add your favorite toppings.