So here’s what you need from Homegoods or any grocery or food specialty store:
This article is quick, just like this dish. WHEN COOKING IS NOT YOUR THING, but you want to still make it something special and keep it heart healthy on Valentine’s Day and everyday. Go to Homegoods food section and get some inspiration. For more heart healthy recipes check out the blog and my feature in Best Self Atlanta Magazine, https://bestselfatlanta.com/eating-for-a-healthy-heart/
1 pack Tagliatelle Nest Pasta
1 bottle really good Marinara Sauce with herbs
1 bottle Roasted Red and Yellow Italian Style Peppers
1 small jar Kalamata Olives, you will use 1/2 cup
1 can Organic Chiclpeas, rinsed and drained
For the cooking part:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped ( minced)
Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste.
Large pot of water
Here’s what you need to do:
- Add water to a large pot. Let the water come to a boil, then add the tagliatelle nest, gently with a large sieve spoon. Cook according to directions. Once cooked, gently remove with the sieve spoon into a pasta drainer. Set aside.
- Add the oil on medium heat in a deep large saucepan, add garlic. Cook for about a minute.
- Add drained chickpeas and a bit of salt. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Remove peppers from jar, cut into small pieces and add to the chickpeas, stir and cook for about a minute or two.
- Stir in marinara sauce and 1/2 cup of the olives.
- Lower the heat and allow to simmer and add the tagliatelle nests into the sauce. Top with a lid and allow to cook for another 2 minutes. Remove remove heat.
- Top with fresh parsley or basil. Drizzle with some good extra virgin olive oil and top with vegan parmesan or vegetarian BelGioioso parmesan cheese.
Serve it with some hot crusty bread and a bottle of red wine and you, your love and heart will be happy.
Happy Valentine’s Day.