Every time I open up my refrigerator door, I see this huge bag of carrots. The first thing my mind goes to, is hmm… I probably need to juice those. Then my next thought is, I will have to take out my juicer, but I really don’t feel like taking out my juicer and putting it together. My final thought, SOUP! It will require one pot and a blender. I think I can do this and you can too. Some days just need to be as simple as possible. This soup is loaded with ingredients that are anti inflammatory, rich in vitamin C and packed with flavor. It is the perfect remedy on cold days. I hope you will cuddle up on the sofa with your favorite blanket and a good movie and this soup, take a deep breath and enjoy some time to pause from the hustle and bustle of life.
Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable broth it enough to cover vegetables
- Sea salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup,
- 1/4 cup Silk Heavy whipping cream and a little more for garnishing.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add garlic cloves and carrots to the pot and cook about 8 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the ginger, then add the apple cider vinegar, and then add 3-4 cups of broth, enough to cover the carrots. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the carrots are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth. Add heavy cream and maple syrup. Blend. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add to a pot to heat up, if necessary or
- Serve with a drizzle of Silk heavy whipping cream, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and a bit of red pepper flakes.