It’s summer and I am always craving salad, but today I wanted something different. A caprese salad was in my head all week, but I wanted to add some chicken in there for my family. However it needed to be quick, easy, light and healthy. This salad gives you all of that and it’s one I believe your family will crave again and again.
All you have to do is marinate some chicken breast, get some mozzarella cheese balls, basil, cherry tomatoes, and make a homemade balsamic vinaigrette and there you have it, Caprese Marinated Chicken Salad! Well, not exactly, but the full recipe is below. Enjoy and remember no matter what you this summer always Set the Table with Love! 💕
Caprese Marinated Chicken Salad
• 4 chicken breasts, cubed
• 1/2 cup Pure Chilean extra virgin olive oil
• 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
• 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
• 3 garlic cloves minced or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper Garnish: fresh basil
1. In a bowl, stir together oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Place the chicken cubes in a large Ziploc bag. Pour marinade over chicken.
3. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes or longer.
4. Preheat a cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium heat. Add tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Add the chicken and cook 4-5 minutes without touching the meat, allowing it to sear well.
6. For the next 4-5 minutes, stir the chicken occasionally, making sure all sides get browned.
7. Remove from the heat. Add to the vinaigrette, toss and serve on top of the lettuce. You can all the chicken to cool, if you prefer.
• 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 1/2 tsp honey (optional*)
• 8-10 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
• 6-8 fresh mozzarella balls, cut in halves
• 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
• 1/4 cup Pure Chilean extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
• Leafy greens of your choice
1. Whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey and olive oil together. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Pour the vinaigrette into medium bowl. Slice the cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls in halves, add to the bowl. Add the cubed chicken and toss.
3. Layer your favorite greens on a platter and top with the chicken mixture.
4. Garnish with more basil.