The weather outside is changing and everyone is ready to bundle up and enjoy your favorite chili or soup recipe. Here is one of my favorites. My son loves this version of chicken soup, instead of noodles I used gluten free polenta balls. I hope it will become a favorite for you and your family.
Remember to always Set the Table with Love
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup chopped carrot
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 tsp of minced garlic
3 ½ cups organic low sodium chicken
1 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp oregano
1lb skinless, chicken breast
cut into 1-inch pieces
5 cups water
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dry polenta
2 1/2 tablespoons Kerry’s Irish Garlic
3/4 cup of parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine 5 cups water and salt in a saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a
boil. Gradually add polenta, stirring constantly with a whisk. Reduce heat to low,
and simmer 20 minutes or until mixture is thick, stirring often.
2. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in Kerry’s Irish garlic herb butter or you can add regular butter, garlic, your
favorite herbs to the polenta, parmesan cheese and fresh ground black pepper.
Allow the polenta to cool and then place in the fridge for 1- 2 hours, until firm.
4. Once the polenta is firm take an ice cream scoop and scoop balls out. Wet your
hand and roll the polenta into a nice ball. Set aside. You can freeze the balls you
dont’t use. I used three balls to each bowl of soup.
1. Pour olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots and celery; sauté
2. Stir in the garlic and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and
gradually stir in the broth, water, salt, pepper and herbs. Return to the heat and
bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes
3. Add chicken, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10-15 minutes,
or until chicken is completely cooked through. Add Polenta Balls and allow to
simmer for another 2-3 minutes until balls are warmed through.
Garnish with a little basil and parmesan cheese, if you like.