I love talking about food, nutrition, wellness and beauty. So, I thought that, I would share how my days usually go, that keeps me full of energy, balanced, looking and feeling my best. I learned a lot of this when I studied Holistic Nutrition and Medicine at Clayton College of Natural Health. How we break our fast, from the night before is very important . Eating a healthier, lighter diet and drinking plenty of fluids, helps cleanse and nourish the body gently, so you may have more energy and clarity throughout the day. What is happening, is we are flushing out built up mucous in the body, as we consume pure liquids, high fiber fruits and veggies, during the am.
Here is my sample of an Ideal Morning routine to cleanse the body, reduce inflammation, boost energy and jump start your day.
- Wake up with the sun. Go to bed early enough to wake up without an alarm.
- Sit quietly or lie up in bed, pray, meditate, deep breathing. Release any concerns or frustrations. Let things go. Visualize your day.
- Pray, and I love reading my bible and other spiritual books.
- Drink 2 cups of purified water with a squeeze of lemon.
- Yoga and deep breathing for 20-30 minutes.
- Eat 1 or 2 pieces of fruit.
- Go for a vigorous morning walk or weight training 30 minutes
- Get ready for my day.
- Eat a whole grain breakfast, I love cooked oats or quinoa. Consume 30 – 60 minutes after the fruit.
- Take my supplements.
- In 1 or 2 hours, mid morning. a handful of nuts and/or seeds.
Now this depends upon any health issues you may have. So, ALWAYS TALK TO YOUR HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER, BEFORE STARTING ANY NEW ROUTINE.
I am kidney transplant survivor and this works well for me, even when I have to p]0take medication.
I will share my Ideal Afternoon routine tomorrow, remember to always Set the Table with Love.