So my grandchildren ate up most of the bananas, but they left me a few so I decided to make my chocolate chip banana pecan bread, this one is loaded with flavor, because I add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter. It’s super moist from the apples sauce. Not to mention there’s about 10 oz. of semi chocolate chips, in the recipe. It’s one of my favorite “go to” recipes on rainy days, especially during the fall.
• 3 ripe bananas
• ⅓ cup butter, melted
• 1 cup organic applesauce
• ½ cup sugar
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, set outside about 1/2 cup to add on top of the bread. before putting it in the oven.
• Preheat oven to 350
• In a bowl, add the bananas and mash until smooth. Add in the melted butter, applesauce and stir until well combined.
• Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and flour, and stir until the batter is smooth.
• Add in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Top with additional chocolate chips.
• Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
• Cool completely before serving.
• Enjoy and remember to always Set the Table with Love!