Did you know you can keep your immune system healthy by staying hydrated with food. However, don’t forget the water, coconut water and herbal teas. Most of the time when people are feeling hungry, it’s usually because they are thirsty. Next time you are reaching for something else to eat, drink a glass of water and see if that will help those nagging hunger pains, but if that doesn’t work, grab a piece of fruit or a handful of high water contented veggies, like celery or even some yummy crunchy carrots. Here’s a wonderful list of some high water content veggies and fruit. Actually better yet try making my Hydrating Salad with Green Goddess dressing. Oh yes, don’t forget to always Set the Table with Love.
Eat fruits and veggie with
High water content like:
to name a few.
Make a big salad with these yummy veggies and add this vegan creamy dressing.
Vegan Green goddess dressing
* 1 garlic clove
* 1 1/2 small – medium avocados
* 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1/3 cup water
* 3/4 cup packed basil leaves
* 1/4 cup chopped mint
* 1/4 cup chopped chives (approx 8 chives roughly chopped)
* 1/2 cup chopped scallions (white parts removed; approx 2–3 scallions)
* Juice of 1 medium lemon
* 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
* 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup or honey
* 1 teaspoon salt
1. In a food processor or high-speed blender, blend together garlic, avocado, olive oil, water, basil, mint, chives, scallions, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup or honey and salt until smooth and creamy.