When it’s a turmeric inspired kinda of a day and you have only one sweet potato. Hmm… Samosa Sweet Potato Salad with a Cilantro Lime Dressing. Yes it’s a thing and it’s a really delicious thing. 😉✨
• 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
•1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
• 1 small onion, diced
• 1 small jalapeño, diced
• 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon curry powder
• 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 4 oz frozen peas
• 1/4 cup vegetable broth
• 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
• sprigs of mint and cilantro for garnish
Cilantro Lime Dressing
• 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
• 1 tbsp hot curry powder
• 1 tbsp garam masala
• 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
• 1/3 cup lime juice
• 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
• salt, to taste
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and let cook for 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
2. Drain potatoes. Set aside
3. In a large saucepan with a tablespoon of grapeseed add, onions, jalapeño, and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt. Stir and cool until onions are transparent. Then add curry powder, red pepper flakes and garam masala. Stir and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
4. Gently stir in sweet potatoes and vegetable broth, Cook another 5 minutes. If the mixture is cooking down to quickly add a bit more of vegetable broth. Add in thawed green peas at the last 2 minutes og coooking then add the fresh herbs. Taste and adjust spices, if necessary. Pull from the stove and set aside.
5. To make the dressing, heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the curry powder and garam masala to the pan. Allow the spices to toast for a minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, add to a mason jar and add in lime juice and honey, a pinch or two of salt. Place lid on the mason jar and shake well. Open, taste and see if you need more salt.
6. In a large salad bowl, add the sweet potato mixture, more fresh herbs, add the dressing and gently toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.