This one is just yummy .
1 cup ground gluten free oatmeal flakes
1/4 cup oat groats
1 cup brown rice flour
1 tbsp chia seed
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
¾ tsp salt
1 cup blueberries or frozen blueberries for the pancake mix (organic)
1 ¼ cups unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsps maple syrup
1/2 tsp lemon juice
3 tbsps softened coconut oil
¼ cup ground flax seeds
1. In a food processor add the oats and flour, blend until you have a flour consistency. Add frozen blueberries and blend until the blueberries are just little specks in the flour. Transfer the flour to a mixing bowl.
2. Add the baking powder and salt.
3. Put maple syrup, vanilla and lemon juice, almond milk, 2 tbsps of the coconut oil, and ground flax seed in a pot on medium low heat and stir until the coconut oil is heated and melted completely.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry and mix until blended. If the batter is too thick add a little almond milk to thin it out. It should have a nice smooth consistency. Not too thin or too thick.
5. Melt the third tbsp of coconut oil in a pan on medium heat.
6. Add the batter into the heated pan to make 3-4 inch sized pancakes. When the edges start to dry and bubbles start to appear on top, flip the pancakes and cook them on the other side until golden brown. Add them to a platter and top with the Wild Blueberry Maple Syrup and serve.
WILD Blueberry Lemon Zest Maple Syrup
¼ cup real maple syrup
1 1/2 cups organic blueberries (frozen)
1/2 tsp of lemon zest (save some for garnish), just add a pinch or two for the syrup
In a small pan over medium-low heat, simmer the berries for about 2 minutes until some of the
Add ¼ cup real maple syrup and lemon zest for about 30 seconds. Allow to cool down for few minutes and add to our pancakes or to some creamy greek yogurt. Serves 6